Tuesday, March 22, 2011

"I'm tryin to take this to the mountaintop, Appalachian" - Bun B

This past weekend I went to Myrtle Beach with the husband. The Atlantic was beautiful (we could see it from our room!) and the food was great. We had equal amounts of relaxation and partying... the perfect weekend. Greg is back in class and I'm trying up some loose ends paperwork-wise. We just switched Henry (my... I mean our car) into his name and we have to switch our car insurance. We had to get my dental coverage, get to Verizon to get a new phone, finalize payment for the bills on my apartment, get my security deposit, etc... luckily my fam is helping me get some of this taken care of on the MI side. There is a lot to do when you are peacing out (mostly) from society for 6 months. I got freaked out the other day, what happens if I get jury duty?? Just call them and be like, "JK lol I'm not coming?". Let's just hope something stupid like that doesn't happen.

On Friday Greg and I are headed to Dawsonville, GA. Saturday is go day!! At Amicalola Falls State Park we will weigh our packs and hike up 600 steps to the top of the 729 foot falls. Greg is going to hike the approach trail with us up to Springer Mountain (about 8.5 miles). He'll camp with us overnight! Then it's bye-bye husband and hello Appalachian Trail!! Sunday March 27, 2011 will be our first official day hiking the AT (as the approach trail doesn't truly count).

1 comment: