Thursday, May 19, 2011

500 Miles!

Yesterday we hit 500 miles! We have completed three states (Georgia, North Carolina, and Tennessee). We had fun last weekend at Trail Days in Damascus, VA. The First Baptist church there was AMAZING. They gave the hikers free showers, free food, free medical attention, free foot massages and new socks! We also got a free hand knit beanie from the church ladies! Kara and I bought Hennessy Hammocks - they are so comfy. They are like a tent and hammock in one. I can finally sleep on the trail after 7 uncomfortable weeks. Greg came out for the weekend and brought Mr. McCarthy and another buddy. It was a crazy fun weekend and I was so sad when it was over :( I had too much party this weekend and now I am sick. I thought it was just a cold but I'd bet money that I have a fever. We did 5 miles today and I think we are going to walk down the road to the church hostel and chill out for the night. We have been wet for the last 4 days and I am looking forward to drying my stuff out. Yesterday we went through Grayson Highlands State Park, it's supposed to have some of the prettiest views on the trail. All we saw was fog and rain. We did get to see some ponies, one licked my hand and I pet one of the foals. We're still having fun even though this week has been fairly miserable, hopefully the sun will come out soon!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo on the 500 miles. Glad you got to spend time with Greg. Love ya Mom

    ReplyDelete