Sunday, May 1, 2011

Erwin, TN

We have made it 340 miles on the trail in 5 weeks. I am officially off the crutches!! I am so excited to start hiking with trekking poles again!! To date we have completed Georgia, hiked the tallest point on the trail, and completed the Smoky Mountains!! We have major farmer's tans but Gregory took us shopping so these girls will now be sporting tank tops (hopefully to tan the tops of our arms) and visors (to stop tanning our faces!). The tornadoes that came through didn't hit near us. We did have some storms but they weren't even that bad. One night during a storm a small tree branch fell right next to my tent and scared the crap out of me, but nothing major.
As far as weight loss goes - not a pound :( All of the guys on the trip are dropping major pounds right now but not us! I'm not worried about it because even though the scale hasn't noticed I can tell that we have both slimmed down around the middle and my legs are more muscle.
Both of us are pretty lucky in the foot department. No major blisters or grossness. I had a heel blister at mile 150 and Kara has had a few hot spots but that's all.
Right now we are taking 2 zero days (no hiking on zero days) in Erwin, TN. We just hiked 8 days straight to get here and are thoroughly enjoying the time off!

1 comment:

  1. Glad your off crutches! Thank You for the Mothers Day call. Sorry the reseption was so bad. Love you two. Take care of yourselves.

    ReplyDelete